|Part-time||2 days per week (flexible)|
3 months @ £1000 per month, then 2 months @ £500 per month, plus commission on sales
|Status||Fixed term – Freelance contract for 5 months initially, to be reviewed|
Ujima Radio CIC is Bristol’s leading Black Media and Arts award-winning organisation (National Diversity Award and Community Radio Awards) delivering a diverse programme of activities and vision.
We build appropriate responses to issues affecting Black people in pursuit of our Mission: to inform, represent, educate, entertain, communicate, and celebrate the culture, heritage, and diversity of Black and other minority communities.
As a Social Enterprise, core to our offer is our Ofcom licensed community radio station, broadcasting culturally relevant news, discussions, music and online with 30,000 weekly listeners.
The station celebrates African and Caribbean cultures through music and informative speech programming and as such has a particular appeal to Bristol’s Black communities.
We achieve our vision through delivering arts, broadcast and media projects, activities, and events, to increase representation and to provide opportunities for under-represented voices to develop the skills needed to pursue careers in media and the arts.
Do you want to be a part of the local neighbourhood team and earn money doing so?
Ujima local Radio station is recruiting for a Sales Manager who will be responsible for recruiting, training and developing the Sales team.
A key part of the role is to approach local businesses both by telephone and in person, for advertising and sponsorship opportunities. There will be a focus on businesses that have supported and engaged with Ujima, as well as other organisations including young people and students. For the Sales Manager a retainer of £1000 for 3 months, then a reduced amount for month 4 & 5 will be paid. This will be reviewed with options to include extending the contract.
Individual team members will earn a 20% commission on any sales revenue for which they are responsible, and this also includes the Sales Manager.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Developing contacts and nurturing contacts
- Obtaining leads, following up on leads and building relationships
- Managing incoming sales enquiries
- Recruiting, on boarding and training a team of Sales Executives
- Conducting reviews, and one to ones and coaching team members
- Providing ongoing training, development and support to your team
- Bring new ideas to the table for improvements in current processes
- Lead the team by example by showing a positive and proactive mentality and attitude
Successful candidates must have:
- Have management experience in a similar environment
- Have experience supporting and developing team members
- Possess the ability to grow and nurture strong relationships with both internal and external clients
- Be a team player and be capable of dealing with strong personalities
- Be assertive and proactive in the workplace
- Possess strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven track record in coaching and developing new and experienced sales people
- Lead by example and ability to motivate a team
- Able to evaluate team performance and identify areas for improvement
- Highly organised, can delegate responsibilities and plan workload for team effectively
How to apply
You can apply for the role by submitting your CV and a covering letter explaining why this role is right for you and why you’d like to join the team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Sales Manager in the subject line of your email.
If you would like to discuss the role please email email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2021